Google, known for innovation, is constantly creating unique ways to view the data searched through them on the World Wide Web. Their Zeitgeist tool provides a comprehensive snapshot of 2011’s most popular searches.
Top 10 Google searches in 2011:
- Rebecca Black made a viral splash with her single ‘Friday’ which catapulted the 13 year old to celebrity status, after receiving 167 million YouTube views.
- In June 2011 Google launched Google+ which amassed a user base of 10 million after 3 days.
- Jackass star Ryan Dunn died in a car accident at the age of 2011.
- Young mother Casey Anthony was charged with 1st degree murder of her 2 year old daughter in Florida and was found not guilty.
- Battlefield 3, EA’s shooter video game sold 5 million copies in its first week of release.
- iPhone 5 and iPad 2 feature on the list, and UK singer Adele who rocked the music industry with the release of her record breaking album 21.
- The Japanese government ordered the evacuation of the area surrounding the Fukushima plant after the 20211 earthquake damaged several nuclear reactors.
- Apple’s creative genius Steve Jobs died in 2011. He inspired millions worldwide with his passion and creativity.
Copyright Speakers Corner 2014