David Rowan is UK editor of WIRED magazine, which won 2009 Launch of the Year at the British Society of Magazine Editors Awards. His knowledge and understanding of trends in the world of consumer behavior, the digital era, social commerce and media has allowed him to become one of the most sought after corporate speakers on the circuit.
He writes the monthly Digital Life column in GQ magazine; the Tech Traveller column in Condé Nast Traveller, and tech and trend-watching columns for The Times.
Trained at The Times, David edited The Guardian's op-ed, education, analysis and Saturday features sections. In 2006 he was brought in as editor to modernise The Jewish Chronicle.
David has edited The Guardian's websites, made TV films for Channel 4 News, and written features for The Telegraph Magazine, Sunday Times Magazine and The Observer.
In 2009 David curated an exhibition of British creative talent for the UK Government’s Cabinet Forum conference as a speaker.
"Thank you so much for your time today, it has gone down a storm. Most people telling me it was one of the most inspirational speeches they have ever heard."
As a keynote and corporate speaker David has travelled to Amsterdam, Dubai, Geneva, Moscow and Shanghai, to motivate and educate on topics ranging from the future of luxury brands to the new rules of business in a mobile-internet age. Recent media appearances include BBC Newsnight, BBC Breakfast News, Radio 4's Today Programme and Channel 4 News.
In 2010 David was a judge in the Brit Insurance Design Awards and the 2010 Conde Nast Traveller design awards, and in 2014 he moderated David Cameron's G8 Innovation Summit.
• New business models for a digital age
• Ten technology megatrends that will transform your business (and how to benefit)
• The new power of the crowd: from crowdfunding to collaborative consumption
• Robotics, automation, and the future of the workplace
• Ten lessons you can learn from the world's greatest tech entrepreneurs
• What Big Data means for your business
• What Silicon Valley can teach you about "growth-hacking" your business
• Wearable technology, the Internet of Things, and the future interface of computing
• Exponential technologies and today's untapped billion-dollar opportunities
• How to win in e-commerce
• Disrupt yourself: How to generate effective innovation inside an organisation
• The imminent hardware revolution: from 3D printing to the new "maker" culture
• Technology megatrends that will transform the hospitality industry/ finance industry/ insurance industry/ travel industry / TV industry etc
For further information or to book David Rowan, call us at Speakers Corner on +44 (0)20 7607 7070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org