a leading international speaker consultation and booking service

Tel: +44 (0)20 7607 7070


Biography: Dee Caffari

Dee Caffari


Others say

"It is great to be one of the first to hear from this inspirational woman. The power of positive thinking!"
National Audit Office

"Dee presentation is so relevant to today business environment. A fantastic lady! A very down-to-earth pragmatic person who has overcome a huge personal challenge to achieve the impossible: her passion is tangible. The Q&A session was particularly good as what she learnt really came to life."
Royal Bank of Scotland

"Dee presentation resonated strongly as she gave the highs and lows of her story the emotional journey. There were strong parallels with the business world that I could relate to how I can overcome challenges, for example. Her personality is warm, open, honest. The video was very powerful."
John Lewis

"The top-line stats for Dee were great - I was really pleased and she went down a treat with the audience. From the evaluation forms we received 94% rated her excellent, and the other 6% good. Dee was highlighted as the highlight of the conference by many people too. She was great and very engaging. Overall, really chuffed and a good recommendation - much appreciated."
Halton Strategic Partnership

International sailing star Dee Caffari is a motivational speaker and inspirational keynote speaker who invokes emotion in audiences and conveys valuable business lessons drawn from her rich experiences of adversity, teamwork and success.

Dee’s outlook is full of fun and her positive 'can-do' attitude is inspiring and powerful, and combines with her engaging, natural style to make her one of the most sought after speakers on the circuit.

On May 18th 2006, Dee sailed into the record books with an extraordinary feat. She became the first female to circumnavigate the world ‘the wrong way', battling prevailing currents and winds. She completed the task alone and without stopping for the entirety of the 29,100miles.

With determination and courage, Dee spent six months at sea, and the imagery she invokes when she relates her tales include magical descriptions of the wildlife, the conditions and the tough challenges she faced.

"Dee is a natural presenter and what comes over so strongly is her enthusiasm, excitement and her ability to articulate her story so well and to engage with an audience. No arrogance, a good sense of humour and great style."

A schoolteacher who harboured dreams of doing something special, Dee left the classroom for the sea to become a skipper and follow her heart. Rising fast to the top of a male-dominated profession, her leadership abilities and her skills for bringing out the very best in others became clear when she was picked to lead a team of amateurs - in the challenging Global Challenge Yacht Race in 2004.

Dee was the only female skipper, and the way she managed the crew through terrifying adversity was lauded. Praised for overseeing the  largest ocean rescue in that area when one of her crew-members had to be airlifted off the yacht, she became the recipient of a coveted BP Safety Prize as well as a Media Prize in commendation of her ability to write with honesty and humour in the daily log.

Dee’s inspiration comes from her late father who taught her the power of self-belief, and who instilled her a love of nature, in particular the Ocean.

Breaking more records, Dee completed the Barcelona World Race, where she finished sixth place after 102 gruelling days at sea. Now the first woman to sail non-stop around the world three times, she next took on the Vendée Globe 2012.

Nominated for the coveted ISAF Rolex World Sailor of the Year Award in 2011, Dee is one of the greatest sailors and most popular personalities on the corporate and after dinner speaking circuit.

For further information or to book Dee Caffari, call us on +44 (0)20 7607 7070 or email info@speakerscorner.co.uk

Other speakers you might like

  • Steve Williams

    Steve Williams

    Steve Williams OBE - double Olympic Gold medallist and four times World Champion. He is also a charismatic…

  • Sarah Willingham

    Sarah Willingham

    Sarah has won multiple entrepreneurial and business awards and has appeared on television programmes…

  • Drum Cafe

     Drum Cafe

    With a history of over 5000 events in 19 Countries, Drum Cafe delivers an unforgettable interactive event…

  • Conrad Humphreys

    Conrad Humphreys

    Conrad Humphreys is a British Triple round-the-world yachtsman, entrepreneur and motivational speaker…

  • Speakers Corner (London) Ltd
    Unit 31, Highbury Studios
    10 Hornsey Street
    N7 8EL

    Tel: +44 (0)20 7607 7070 
    Fax: +44 (0)20 7700 8847 

  • Excellent service, very friendly and approachable Fujitsu

  • Footer Logos


Agile web development by Byte9