* EIGHT DAYS TO GO UNTIL THE OFFICIAL START of the Asian Record Circuit (commencing Saturday, 25th March)
* THE 75FT TRIMARAN
* ELLEN MACARTHUR AND HER CREW WILL BE SETTING OUT TO ESTABLISH NEW RECORDS between Japan, South Korea, mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore – they will cover a distance of around 4505 miles, the equivalent of sailing from England to Mexico
* BRITISH PRIME MINISTER, TONY BLAIR SENDS MESSAGE OF SUPPORT
* HALF OF THE CIRCUIT WILL TAKE MACARTHUR AND HER CREW from the most north-eastern major port of mainland China to the most south-westerly point – China has an unrivalled maritime history that has been almost over-looked (find out more below)
* FIRST RECORD ATTEMPT STARTS SATURDAY, 25TH MARCH from Yokohama, Japan to Dalian, mainland China via Jeju Island, South Korea
* OMEGA COME ONBOARD AS OFFICIAL TIMEKEEPER TO THE CIRCUIT –
busy waters navigated by hundreds of ships and fishing boats.
On her return in May, Ellen MacArthur will be available for a very few and select number of speaking engagments. As a motivational speaker, Ellen is one of the best. Her story is motivational and uplifting and her warm, charismatic personality shines through.
Copyright Speakers Corner 2017