Happy New Year from the team here at Speakers Corner and we hope 2014 is a lucky and prosperous year for all.
Many of us want to be healthier and happier in the New Year, it is important we are kind to ourselves in order to achieve this and here are some simple changes we should apply in order to help us in 2014:
- Meditate for a healthier brain-Meditating helps us to feel more centred and relaxed and can change the way that our brain works. ‘In a moment-to-moment way it helps you feel better throughout the day.’
- Get Physical- It is a well known fact that exercise is meant to trigger happy chemicals and also makes us feel better about ourselves and brings long-term benefits.
- Get a Practice-Having a routine doing something you enjoy can give people a sense of security and it does not matter what it is, it can range from weekly yoga to having a cup of tea at the same time every day.
- Eat Well-Eating certain foods can make us feel healthier and will also benefit us in the long term, foods such as Blueberries, Fatty Fish, Leafy Greens and Turmeric will help us with a range of health risks.
- Social Interaction is vital- Using social media can cause us to feel unhappy and jealous of people around us. Therefore it is important for us to arrange to see friends in the New Year and meeting up in person is far better for us than speaking to friends over Facebook and Twitter.
- Take Interest in people around us-Taking an interest in the people around us will make them feel more valuable and they will value the person asking more in return.
Copyright Speakers Corner 2017