As a leading international speaker bureau, we recommend over 7500 keynote speakers, motivational speakers, after dinner speakers, awards hosts, conference facilitators and comedians for over 1000 events a year. This provides us with unrivalled insights into the greatest thinkers, achievers and leaders that walk the planet and we use this knowledge to help curate content programmes for businesses to develop their employee's skills and knowledge.
During the COVID-19 pandemic we quickly transitioned to deliver the power of the spoken word through the virtual events platform. We are uniquely positioned at the intersection between live events and business thought leadership.
Our Official Spokesperson Nick Gold
Our MD Nick Gold is the official spokesperson for Speakers Corner. Nick regularly contributes to business management, vertical markets and event industry publications. He is also available for radio and TV interviews.
Nick has appeared as a panelist on two virtual events recently; C&IT Global Digital Forum and the Federation of Small Businesses ReSTarts event, discussing the impact of COVID-19 on the speaking industry and how the business world has adapted to digital platforms.
In the coming months, Nick will be discussing why external speakers are being used by businesses to upskill their teams for the challenges that lie ahead. Nick will argue the skill set required to thrive in this new world isn't the technical skill set, but the soft skills, otherwise known as 'Emotional Intelligence'.
Nick also has his first book, 'Speaking With Confidence' due to be published by the Penguin Business Book series in November 2020, where he sets out how anyone can present confidently in all manner of scenarios.
For all media enquiries please contact Flourish PR via email: email@example.com or tel: 01628 882 610
- 94% of businesses plan to run a virtual event within the next 12 months
- External speakers are being used to upskill teams
- How an entreprenurial culture can open new windows for businesses
Previous Editorial Contributions
Nick Gold has spent this month discussing why the new way of working has already begun. Businesses are now planning for their employees to regularly work from home. Employees will get to choose their preferred work/life balance, but for managers, team leaders and department heads, it brings a unique challenge and opportunity.
- Is Your Internal Meeting Strategy Suitable for the New Way of Working: Global Banking and Finance Review
- Why Events Should Be on the Agenda for Marketers: Media Sector
- Why Events Should Be on the Agenda for Marketers: Brands Journal
The Government’s 16th July announcement lifting elements of the lockdown and encouraging businesses to bring their employees back to the workplace is a sign the world is looking to return to normal. But our experiences over the last 5 months mean we’re not returning to the same old. Team leaders, managers, heads of departments and senior executives need to consider the manner in which they bring employees back together and the messages they deliver.
- Taking Diversity & Inclusion to the Next Level: Marketing Gazette
- Staying Engaged in a Movement: Accountancy Today
- The First Team Meeting Is Crucial: Business Express
The Black Lives Matters Movement has taken the conversation on Diversity & Inclusion to the next level. This came as no surprise to the team at Speakers Corner as we'd seen a huge increase in bookings taken for speakers to discuss diversity and equality over the preceeding years. However this time feels different. Nick Gold discussed not only why brands need to say less and do more, but also how they can use live virtual events to move from a conversation into change.
- Diversity & Inclusion Say Less and Do More: CEO World
- How Leaders Can Engage Employees to Survive and Thrive: Employer News
During this month Nick Gold discussed why business leaders need to start planning for a deep recession by creating an entrepreneurial culture within the business that liberates employees to come up with new ideas, to test the market, speak to their customers and find new opportunities. He will also explore how this needs to go hand in hand with a creative employee reward and incentive programme.
- How to create an innovative culture as we head into a recession: HR Zone
- Why the Leader Should be Last To Speak in a Virtual Event: Meetings & Incentive Travel
- What Will Make or Break a Business as we Head into a Recession: Companies Digest
Nick Gold MD of Speakers Corner Thought Leadership Playlist
Nick has a regular YouTube playlist where he shares his thoughts on business and event industry topics.
From The Archive
Press Office Contact
For all media enquiries please contact our press office.
Tel: 01628 882 610