Children's BAFTA Nominations Announced
Nominations are out for this year's EA British Academy Children's Awards. Set to take place on Sunday, Nov. 30, the event celebrates excellence in film, television, video games and online content geared toward children. The winners will be decided via voting by BAFTA members and industry experts, and kids will have the opportunity to make their voices heard in the BAFTA Kids' Vote. In addition, the Academy has again partnered with CBBC on “Me and My Movie,” a filmmaking initiative inspiring children to tell their own stories.
Contenders in the Television Animation category are Charlie and Lola “Autumn Special” from Tiger Aspect Prods. (CBeebies), Eliot Kid from Samka & Safari de Ville (CBBC), Shaun the Sheep from Aardman Animations (CBBC) and Skunk Fu! From Cake Ent. (CBBC). Well represented in the category, CBBC is also up against CBeebies, Nickelodeon U.K. and Nick Jr. for Channel of the Year.
The Feature Film category is dominated by animated movies. The animated hit Horton Hears A Who from Fox Animation is up against the Disney/Pixar toons Ratatouille and WALL•E, as well as Paramount’s vfx-driven, live-action adaptation of the Neil Gaiman fantasy novel Stardust
- Charlie and Lola Autumn Special (Claudia Lloyd, Kitty Taylor) - Tiger Aspect Prods./CBeebies
- Eliot Kid (Samuel Kaminka, Didier Julia, Gilles Cazaux) - Samka & Safari de Ville/CBBC
- Shaun the Sheep (Julie Lockhart, Richard Golezsowski) - Aardman Animation/CBBC
- Skunk Fu! (Paul Young, Jordan Gaucher, Aidan Harte) - Cake Entertainment/CBBC
- Charlie and Lola (Claudia Lloyd, Kitty Taylor) - Tiger Aspect Productions/CBeebies
- Little Princess (Iain Harvey, Edward Foster) - The Illuminated Film Company/Five
- Peppa Pig (Phil Davies, Mark Baker, Neville Astley) - Astley Baker Davies Ltd/Rubber Duck Entertainment/Nick Jr./Five
- Roary The Racing Car (Owen Ballhatchet, Tim Harper) - Chapman Entertainment/Nick Jr./Five
- Akin Akinsiku - head of graphics/art director, Nickelodeon
- Josh Alward - filmmaker
- Eliot Otis Brown-Walters - actor
- Brad Kavanagh - Disney Channel talent
CHANNEL OF THE YEAR
- Nickelodeon U.K.
- Nick Jr.
- Horton Hears A Who (Jimmy Hayward, Steve Martino) - Twentieth Century Fox/Twentieth Century Fox
- Ratatouille (Brad Lewis, Brad Bird, Jan Pinkava) - Pixar/Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures UK
- Stardust (Matthew Vaughn, Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Michael Dreyer, Neil Gaiman) - Marv Films/Paramount Pictures
- WALL•E (Jim Morris, Andrew Stanton) - Pixar/Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures U.K.
- iCarly (Joe Catania, Roger Christiansen, Dan Schneider) - Nickelodeon/MTV Networks International
- Lazytown (Raymond P. Le Gué, Magnus Scheving) -LazyTown Entertainment EHF/Nick Jr.
- Phineas & Ferb (Dan Povenmire, Swampy Marsh) - Walt Disney Television Animation/Disney Channel UK
- Yo Gabba Gabba (Production Team) - The Magic Store/Wildbrain/RDF Kids/Nick Jr.
- Guinness World Records: The Videogame (Erin Roberts) - TT Games
- Lego Batman: The Videogame (Jon Burton) - TT Games
- Mario Kart Wii (Hideki Konno, Shigeru Miyamoto) - Nintendo Company Ltd
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Akihiro Hino, Akira Tago) - Nintendo Company Ltd
- Tony Collingwood - The Secret Show (Collingwood O’Hare Entertainment/CBBC)
- Alison Hume - Summerhill - (Tiger Aspect Productions/CBBC)
- Dave Ingham - Charlie and Lola (Tiger Aspect Productions/CBeebies)
- Peter Tabern - Clay