Alessandro Hatami is a leading voice in the global FinTech ecosystem, having built his subject matter expertise by delivering transformational digital change as a business leader at some of the globe’s best known financial services firms.
Alessandro Hatami is the co-founder of Pacemakers.io, an advisory firm focusing on FinTech and digital innovation in financial services. Alessandro is also a Non-Executive Director at bank challenger Cashplus and mentor to several FinTech start-ups working with Techstars, Seedcamp, Startupbootcamp/London and Kickstarter/Zurich. He is also an investor in several early-stage technology and FinTech companies.
Prior to founding Pacemakers.io, Alessandro was the COO of Digital Banking & Group Innovation Director at Lloyds Banking Group, the UK’s largest retail and commercial bank. He was also the MD of PayPoint.net, a large EU payment processor and Director of Large Merchant Services at PayPal, the global alternative payments platform.
Alessandro started his career in financial services as European Marketing Director at GE Capital. Alessandro is a prolific writer on FinTech and is a frequent public speaker at events in the UK, EU, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
Alessandro holds a Masters in Engineering from the University of Rome and an MBA from INSEAD. He lives in London with his two daughters and his wife – the founder of one of Europe’s largest IoT businesses.
Alessandro's keynote speaking topics include:
- The Impact of FinTech on the global financial services industry. The legacy challenge.
- Fintechs and Incumbent institutions: David and Goliath or a marriage made in heaven.
- The Global FinTech superpowers. Who will prevail: the US, The EU or Asia?
- The Challenger Retail Bank. Moving away from selling products to enabling personal goals.
- The roles of digital innovation in Corporate and Investment banking: from initial token offerings to robotic process automation.
- The Gender Divide. Why is being proactive about diversity key to successful digital change in financial services?
- Shared Trust. How the blockchain and distributed ledgers are changing investment banking.
- Will FinTech change and big global banks finally make smaller regional banks unviable?
- The global talent and skills shortage and how building in-house is no longer a viable strategy