We're Speakers Corner, a leading international speaker agency and consultancy that recommends speakers and talent for corporate events around the world. Our client base is made up of globally recognisable brands, public sector organisations, event agencies, marketing and PR companies, charities and associations. Essentially, we work with anyone involved in events! (Conferences, dinners, award ceremonies, launches, etc.)
Our hard-working, vibrant and close-knit team run a big operation, and our success as a company comes from every member playing an integral role in developing our business. As we're expanding rapidly, we're looking for high-calibre, enthusiastic and self-motivated people to join us. (And it's a bonus if you're partial to cake.)
The ideal candidate will be that special blend of outgoing, creative, analytical, self-driven and a strong team player. You should have broad interests and be up-to-date with current affairs and world events, as the speakers and talent that we supply to clients hail from a wide range of backgrounds, including politics, sport, business, television, and comedy. You should also have the confidence and flexibility to thrive in a fast-moving environment and be motivated by making a difference to a small- to medium-sized business.
We’re big on enjoying our time at work, so it’s important to us that we celebrate the successes of our hard-working team with various socials and breakfasts, our legendary Christmas and Summer parties, our annual company away day, an endless office supply of cake/snacks/Nespresso coffee, and just generally being fun, supportive colleagues!
We also offer a variety of benefits, including:
- Pension scheme
- Bike-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Flexi-working around core hours (discretionary)
- Peer to peer mentoring scheme
- Work iPhone upon completion of probation period
- 20 days of annual leave, with 1 day accrued for every year of service up to 25 days, and the option to buy 5 additional days a year
- The opportunity to see and hear as many speakers and comedians as you can!
Key responsibilities of our new Account Manager will encompass the below, but if the right candidate has a high level of specialism in some areas, and less in others, they will still be considered. There is also scope to grow the role by identifying opportunities for both themselves and the company to develop – both within and external to Speakers Corner.
Let’s give you a flavour of the role:
- The life of an account manager at Speakers Corner is dynamic and fast-paced, so you’ll need to be a quick learner (and it helps if you’re a computer whizz too).
- Great soft skills are vital: you should be a networker with a curious mind and outgoing nature.
- We’re a close-knit team, so we’re after a team player who contributes to our supportive culture, but who also has the intuition to work individually.
- You should be self-motivated and driven to make a difference.
- We’d like you to have outstanding verbal, written and analytical skills.
- You should possess a strong attention to detail.
- You’ll need to use your excellent time management skills to efficiently organise your workday.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- As an Account Manager, you’ll be receiving and interpreting all kinds of event briefs from conference organisers – so you’ll need to know how to ask the right questions to really understand key objectives.
- You’ll be expected to gain knowledge and experience of over 7000 speakers/artistes to recommend the most appropriate talent to fit our clients’ briefs.
- You’ll play an integral role in identifying and developing client relationships for new and repeat business, so you should be personable and enjoy going above and beyond.
- You’ll be managing and organising face to face meetings with new and existing clients (accompanied initially by a senior representative).
- You’ll be expected to use all avenues to find new, prospective clients, including cold calling and actively seeking pitch work.
- You should be interested in questioning the status quo - we love to be kept on our toes, so we’ll want you to be vocal about ideas to improve business processes, especially using customer data for sales purposes and customer retention.
- You’ll have numerous opportunities to attend networking events, so you should be an outgoing individual with strong communication skills.
Key responsibilities of our new Event Logistics Coordinator will encompass the below, and there is also scope to grow the role by identifying opportunities for both themselves and the company to develop.
Let’s give you a flavour of the role:
- You should be known for your exceptional organisation, planning and scheduling skills.
- You should possess the ability to work accurately and effectively at a fast pace and with great attention to detail.
- You’ll be someone who thrives off smoothing over problems to make our clients and speakers calm, happy and relaxed.
- We need a creative problem solver who is always one step ahead and has the confidence to make an impact, so you’ll need to use your initiative and be resourceful.
- You should have great interpersonal skills for confidently liaising and mediating between clients and speakers, especially in managing each party’s expectations and in conflict resolution.
- We want you to be confident, with good diplomacy, negotiation skills and an ability to placate occasional conflict over the phone or by email.
- You’ll need to consistently demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You should have the ability to independently manage and prioritise numerous concurrent tasks.
- You’re happy working both independently and as part of a team.
- You’re willing to go the extra mile to delight clients, assist speakers and support your team, occasionally having to work at weekends and in the evening.
- You get a buzz from solving/resolving all kinds of logistical situations and people problems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating all the logistical arrangements for the speaker bookings made by our account management team. This includes the contracting and negotiation, ensuring the speaker is properly briefed by the client, organising travel and accommodation and any relevant travel documents, arranging book signings and making sure technical requirements are in place as well any other requests that come up over the course of a booking.
- Working closely with the account management team to ensure flawless delivery of the client’s event all the while providing stellar customer service. You will build relationships with and act as liaison between our clients and the speakers at all stages of the booking.
- Helping out in all aspects of the company, such as the website and social media, planning our showcase events and chaperoning speakers, preparing for exhibitions, contributing to marketing meetings, writing blogs, going out to events to meet clients and hear speakers, and constantly being on the lookout for new and exciting speakers for our clients.
Key responsibilities of our new Marketing Executive / Copywriter will encompass the below, but if the right candidate has a high level of specialism in some areas, and less in others, they will still be considered. There is also scope to grow the role by identifying opportunities for both themselves and the company to develop.
Let us give you a flavour of the role:
- We’re looking for a creative, with strong copywriting, strategy and analytical skills to join our team and help us grow
- Writing fresh and engaging copy from event invitations to social and website content to editorials and speaker biographies
- We’re big on style, and we’ll want you to safeguard the tone and messages of both our internal and external communications
- You’ll need to be hawk-eyed for detail when it comes to copywriting and proofreading
- You’ll be required to contribute to our buzzing social platforms on a daily basis
- Work with third party agencies - PR, Web development, SEO, Design and Video Production to ensure consistent strategy on a 12-month cycle
- Assisting in planning and organising our popular speaker showcase events and building relationships with partners.
- You’ll constantly be on the lookout for the latest marketing trends and exciting routes for our busy little team to explore
- We’d like you to have a knowledge of Photoshop (or if you don’t know your paint bucket from your patch tool yet, then a strong willingness to learn)
- While we’re a close-knit team, we’re also after someone who is equally happy to work independently and can project manage using their own initiative
- Our CMS is integral to the maintenance of our website, so you will be comfortable using one
Be aware that we are a small but dynamic team, so you really will have to be a ‘yes-person’. Whether chatting to clients at events, spotting a rogue comma, or delivering your gourmet critiquing skills to our annual mince pie tasting competition, we will want you to bring your best. If you think you’re up for the challenge, then we’d love to meet you.
So what are the key requirements that you need for the role?
- You’ll need to be an excellent copy writer, comfortable with snappy blog titles and stunning long-form prose
- You’ll need to be a self-starter, with bucket-loads of motivation, diligence and drive as well as great organisational skills
- You’ll find joy in being meticulous to detail - syntax and synonyms are your thing
- Experience in managing relationship with third party agencies - PR, Web development, SEO, Design and Video Production
- We’d love you to understand SEO and to only publish the most interesting content on our busy social channels
- You’ll need to love reading all the latest articles and researching trends. Not only are you up to date on popular culture and world affairs, but you’re not afraid to share it
- You should have a basic understanding of Google Analytics or a desire to learn
- You’re interested in questioning the status quo - we love to be kept on our toes, so it helps if you’re up for a challenge
- You’re driven to make a difference
Head of Account Management
Head of Logistics
Event Logistics Coordinator
Event Logistics Coordinator
Meet The Team
Head of Operations
Sydney (The Dog)
Director - Account Management and Marketing