A top satirical writer and comedian, Armando Iannucci brings a cutting edge to any event with his specialty in 'public nonsense' and unique sense of humour. In high demand as an after dinner speaker, Armando has presented for some of the worlds' largest organizations and never fails to have everyone in stitches. He is the creator of some of the most original television comedy of recent years.
Glasgow born Armando Iannucci is the creator of some of the most original television comedy of recent years and has a catalogue of credits as a writer, performer and producer. He is considered one of the UK's top satirical writers and comedians and is in high demand as an after dinner speaker.
Armando Iannucci, has presented for some of the worlds' largest organizations and never fails to have everyone in stitches. With his specialty in "public nonsense" and unique sense of humour, Armando Iannucci is an interesting, witty and dymanic speaker.
Iannucci has an extensive history in British radio and television. First receiving widespread fame in the early 1990s as the producer for On the Hour and then The Day Today, he received critical acclaim for both his own talents as a writer and a producer, and for first bringing together such comics as Chris Morris, Richard Herring, Stewart Lee and Steve Coogan.
As creator of the critically acclaimed, The Thick of It, Armando bought a new level of political satire to our TV screens.
In January 2009, his first feature film In the Loop in the style of The Thick of It, was premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. It was the first cinema film to be directed by Iannucci, after his contribution to Tube Tales in 1999. The film has been applauded by critics, both in Britain and the US and was nominated for the Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar in 2009, New York Film Critics' Circle Award and three BAFTAs. The film secured the eighth highest placing in the UK box office in its opening week.
He created the American political satire television series 'Veep' , the US version of The Thick of It
For further information or to book Armando Iannucci, call us at Speakers Corner on +44 (0) 20 7607 7070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What people said about Armando Iannucci
- "Armando, many thanks for an excellent evening. It was pitched just right, was excellently researched and made a great "impromptu" moment for us."
- - Odeon Cinemas Annual Dinner
- "He was genuinely well received - by the end [Armando] had the audience whipped up into a mild frenzy with his sharp, intelligent sense of humour."
- - Production Company, SMMT Awards
- "I just wanted to thank you, [Armando], for speaking at our dinner last week. We received great feedback from delegates who attended the dinner, so thank you for coming along and for being so entertaining."
- - National Housing Federation Leader’s Forum