Visionary, Bestselling Author, World Change Warrior and keynote and motivational speaker, Spencer West shares his harrowing story of losing his legs at the age of five, and how he never lost the courage he needed to overcome personal obstacles. Filled with humour and humility, his thought-provoking message inspires people to find opportunity in every challenge.
The life of visionary and activist Spencer West has been marked by both obstacles and triumph.
After losing both legs from the pelvis down at the age of five, he entered a world that might have easily defeated him. Instead, he tackled challenge after challenge, learning to navigate in a world set against those with disabilities.
His many accomplishments and lessons learned along the way, led him to discover the techniques business leaders, professionals, educators and young people can use to redefine possible in their own lives and careers.
Whether headlining corporate conferences, addressing university/college students, educators, members of non-profits/associations or mesmerizing audiences in 20,000-seat stadiums, Spencer’s charisma and dynamism captivates all.
Sharing his journey from losing both legs as a child, to climbing – and summiting – Mount Kilimanjaro using his hands and wheelchair, Spencer’s words and actions have encouraged millions to stand up, face challenges and embrace change. Everyone leaves with pertinent lessons they can apply to redefine what their possible is.
Spencer’s incredible story is documented in both film and print. His journey is featured in the documentary Redefine Possible: The Story of Spencer West, which debuted at the Toronto International Film Festival and in his book Standing Tall: My Journey.
As the opener on Demi Lovato’s world tour across North America, Spencer spoke to and inspired tens of thousands of her fans. He has spoken alongside luminaries and performers such as former U.S. Vice-President Al Gore, Mia Farrow, Martin Luther King III, Jennifer Hudson, Natalie Portman, and Miss Piggy, to name a few. And, has appeared countless times in the media (ABC News, 60 Minutes, CTV, BBC, TMZ, CNN, Forbes, and The Globe & Mail).
Spencer’s inspiring words have reached millions of listeners around the world, including Virgin Atlantic, KPMG, Staples, Banks, Microsoft, Universal McCann, Ministry of Education, Colleges & Universities, YPO/WPO, SickKids Foundation, Boys & Girls Clubs, and more.
Infused with humour and humility, Spencer’s talks offer take-home tips and life-lessons on how to find opportunity in every challenge, while instilling hope and empowering leaders to motivate others to create positive change.
For further information or to book Spencer West, call us on +44 (0)20 7607 7070 or email email@example.com
What people said about Spencer West
- "Thank you so much for making our CEO Award nominee breakfast such a special celebration. Your personal story touched everyone and your call to action at the end was perfect! It was exactly the message we wanted to convey to our people - to support their colleagues in their volunteerism. Everyone loved meeting you and many have commented that now they feel even more compelled to continue with their volunteer work. Your enthusiasm is infectious!"
- National Director of Community Leadership - KPMG Canada
- "Spencer's ability to connect with our audience of school children and business executives was outstanding. His energy and positive attitude was infectious and really energized everyone. What a great event, we were so pleased to have Spencer a part of it."
- Chair - Halton Region
- "I want to assure you that I had pretty high expectations because I've been moved by your words in the past... And today you exceeded my expectations. Earlier this year, when I came to see you speak, I knew immediately that you were our Transitions Conference closing Keynote. And, after having the telephone conversation with you a couple of weeks ago, I was absolutely sure that you would inspire our conference delegates..."
- Transitions Conference Chairperson