Andrew Scott: Keynote & Conference Speakers
An award-winning professor and the Chair of Economics at London Business School, Andrew Scott's keynotes are characterised by accessibility, breadth of coverage, humour and topicality. His keynotes include prospects for the financial sector, the shift of economic geography, reregulation, demographic change and sustainability. Co-author of Financial Times Longlisted Business Book of the Year 100-Year Life.
Professor Andrew Scott is Professor of Economics and former Deputy Dean at London Business School. He is also the former Non Executive Director and Chair of Risk at the FSA and economic advisor to the Prime Minister of Mauritius. Andrew is an adept and charismatic keynote speaker on economics.
Andrew has previously taught at Oxford University and Harvard and a consultant to a range of Central Banks, banks and Ministries of Finance. He is frequently asked to give talks as part of Leadership programs in Europe, North America, Africa, the Middle East and China and is renowned for his skill at bridging a very detailed knowledge of global economics into clear and accessible terms that make apparent its critical relevance for business, whether over 30 minutes or 5 days!
He has won prizes for both his research and his teaching excellence.
He regularly gives talks to firms, conferences and policymakers and always receives strong feedback for his insights into the world and domestic economy.
Andrew has an MA and DPhil from Oxford and a MSc from LSE. He is a Fellow at All Souls, Oxford, and also a Fellow for the Centre of Economic Policy Research.
Between 2005 and 2014 he was Economic Advisor to the Prime Minister of Mauritius and a Non Executive Director of the State Bank of Mauritius.
Previously the editor for the Royal Economic Society’s The Economic Journal. Andrew is also Scientific Chair of the Euro Area Business Cycle Research network. This is sponsored by the central banks of Europe and aims at focusing and promoting a research agenda on European business cycles.
Andrew's research is regularly published in leading international journals and focuses on the issues of business cycles, globalisation and monetary and fiscal policy, including Britain’s decision to leave the EU.
Co-author of the book 100-Year Life, with Lynda Gratton, Andrew strives to educate the public on how we can prepare for longevity. The text has been very well reviewed and was longlisted by the Financial Times as the Business Book of the Year.
Andrew Scott is Professor of Economics at London Business School. He is an adept and charismatic keynote speaker on economics.
His speaking topics include:
- Weak Western growth
- Prospects of the Growth economies
- General outlook on interest rates and exchange rates
- Prospects for the Financial sector
- Shift of economic geography
- Reregulation, demographic change and sustainability
For further information or to book Professor Andrew Scott, please call us on +44 (0)20 7607 7070 or email email@example.com
What people said about Andrew Scott
- "Charismatic speaker. Well prepared and eager to interact with audience. Very experienced."
- KPMG Advisors AE
- "Professor Scott was able to crystallise for us in an approachable and meaningful way the main drivers of the global financial crisis."
- Chief Commercial Officer, Anglo Coal
- "Andrew gets a fantastic conversation going. He thrives on interaction and repartee. Often he will ask a group to tell him the questions to which they most want answers. He will then organise his talk spontaneously and brilliantly around these issues, as though it had been structured and prepared well in advance. You dont get to be a Fellow of All Souls College for nothing! He has the gift of presenting his arguments boldly and clearly. He can be very funny. Only at the end do you realise how much ground he has covered, how involved you were in the development of his argument, and how your views have been challenged and modified in the process. He wears his learning lightly. He is a joy to listen to."
- Fellow, London Business School