Dr Tim Soutphommasane is Austalia's Race Discrimination Commisioner. A former political advisor, Dr Tim Soutphommasane has written extensively including in the Financial Times and The Guardian. His expertise on identity, ethics, politics and strategy make him an ideal international keynote and conference speaker.
Dr Tim Soutphommasane is Austrailia's Race Discrimination Commissioner. A political philosopher whose thinking on patriotism, diversity and national identity has been influential in reshaping debates in Australia and Britain, Tim is an expert in all areas of multiculturism, race and discrimination.
His expertise on identity, ethics, politics and strategy make him an ideal international keynote and conference speaker.
Tim is the author of three books: The Virtuous Citizen, Don't Go Back To Where You Came From, and Reclaiming Patriotism.
In addition to his experience as a columnist with The Age and The Australian newspapers, he has worked as a leader writer for The Financial Times and The Guardian.
He has also been a political adviser, including to the current Foreign Minister of Australia, Bob Carr, when he was Premier of New South Wales.
An academic at Monash University in Melbourne, Tim has also taught at Sydney and Oxford universities. He is a director of the National Australia Day Council and a
member of the Australian Multicultural Council. He completed his doctorate in political philosophy at the University of Oxford, where he was a scholar at Balliol College.
For further information or to book Tim Soutphommasane, call us on +44 (0)20 7607 7070 or email email@example.com
What people said about Tim Soutphommasane
- "Your keynote presentation was thought-provoking. We were delighted to have such a challenging keynote to open the conference."
- - Social Education Victoria
- "Your presentation ‘The Ethical Use of Social Media’ generated significant debate and was regarded by all as insightful and engaging"
- - Australian Defence Force Academy
- "His originality of thinking and vision for our 21st century world,were presented with passion that touched the heart of the audience"
- - TEDxSydney