In an era of freedom and innovation, Jane Young (the founder of Scramblr) is an inspirational source of new ideas, approaches, and lifehacks for getting more done by doing less. As a keynote and motivational speaker on the corporate circuit, Jane helps her audience understand the potential for exponential growth brought about by shifts in technology and society, providing the tools and mind-sets required to thrive in the Information Age.
Jane Young is a technology entrepreneur and founder of Scramblr, a platform that enables creative teams to set up their own online studios. Prior to this she founded London-based boutique digital agency Kanbee, delivering online and film projects. Jane is a also a blogger at resonanceblog.com.
Jane is a social business consultant, taking organisations on a journey from fragmented or non-existent social media presence and fear of losing control, to long-term commitment to a clear social strategy that looks beyond social media, to becoming a social business. Jane has worked with brands like Dixons, Currys, PC World, Vodafone, Wildfire Word of Mouth, Grey and P&G - redefining what it means to do business in the 21st century, embarking on a journey of infrastructure, culture and process change, to cope with the always-on, realtime demands of today's social customer.
As one of the world's first 'Social Business Engineers', Jane works holistically across every business area - from customer service and internal comms, to marketing, advertising and PR - introducing values of transparency and collaboration, to get things done faster and cheaper - paving the way for great innovative leaps.
Jane's talks unpack the mystique and black art of digital and social media, by putting in context where we are, how we got here and where we need to be in order to thrive in a world where technology is growing exponentially. Covering dos and don'ts, high level strategies and key areas of strategic opportunity, Jane will help you identify where your business is missing out on bottom-line opportunities to save money, make money and have more fun doing it.
Jane also has an optional slightly more edgy angle, where she invites the audience to imagine a world that defaults to open, whereby businesses share everything, unless there's a specific reason not to. She argues that enabling information to flow freely in and out of organisations is key to ensuring we can innovate fast enough to survive in an environment where the pace of change is accelerating relentlessly. We'll learn from the late Bill Hicks what’s holding us back from taking great innovative leaps; from NASA why it’s easy to do things better; and from scientist Richard Dawkins how to get it right.
Jane helps her audience see past the jargon, hype and worms' eye view of social media tools, to a bigger picture of how to drive growth in the 21st century; looking at how we can solve age-old business problems using new knowledge and capabilities.
Introducing the concept of 'social business', Jane differentiates between red herrings and what you really need to know, exploring why social media really matters. With illuminating and often surprising examples of common behaviors, tools and process that are destroying value in almost every organisation today, she demonstrates how social business can cut costs and improve efficiency in key business areas, including customer service, NPD and internal comms.
Originally from Shetland, Scotland’s northernmost island, Jane is a blogger at resonanceblog.com and founder of Scramblr, a platform that enables creative teams to set up their own online studios. Prior to this she founded London-based boutique digital agency Kanbee, delivering online and film projects.
Her speaking topics include:
- Emotion, vulnerability and authenticity in leadership
- Building a 21st century customer acquisition machine
- The impact of breakthrough tech on business, society and people
- Doing less in a world of overload; free tools and cost-effective talent online
- Creating health, wealth and happiness in the new economy
- Breaking down barriers to innovation
For further information or to book Jane Young, please call us on +44 (0)20 7607 7070 or email email@example.com
What people said about Jane Young
- "Jane is full of energy, passion and knowledge and knows how to deliver a well thought out, succinct and relevant presentation.Her timing, tone and delivery was brilliant and kept both me and the rest of the audience engaged throughout.Jane is by far the most interesting, inspiring and exciting speaker I have come across within my industry sector."
- - Paul Hicks Head of Brand Experience and Events
- "Jane's talk was very inspirational and really showed our audience that you can do anything if you put your mind to it. As a motivational speaker I thought Jane was excellent and engaged well with the audience."
- - University of Hertfordshire