Being a bowel surgeon, Peter has a well-developed sense of humour that gives his audience a glimpse into both the lighter and, occasionally, more serious side of working in the NHS. Peter has been a Consultant Surgeon at Northwick Park & St. Mark’s Hospital for over two decades, and is a past President of the Royal Society of Medicine, Surgery Section, and of the St. Mark’s Association.
Peter McDonald, Consultant Surgeon and after dinner speaker , is revered for his observational and hilarious take on the inner sanctum of the medical world.
Looking at the medical world through the eyes of a gastrointestinal surgeon, but with the non-serious and light-hearted touch of an experienced after dinner speaker, Peter’s perspective is accurate, hilarious and authentic.
As well as being a star on the after dinner circuit, Peter has written and broadcast extensively on his specialist subjects and wider medical and NHS issues on Radio 4 and in all the major national newspapers. Peter has published a novel and is the author of the "Oxford Dictionary of Medical Quotations".
Peter is Chairman of the Medical Staff Committee at Northwick Park and Sub-Dean at St. Mark's Hospital. He has been Honorary Editor of the Royal Society of Medicine and a past Hon. Secretary of the Section of Surgery at the RSM.
Peter’s after dinner speech, Jiblets and Tripe, has taken him to hundreds of events. In thirty minutes of witty anecdotes and stories Peter will confirm that humour is the best medicine and that Voltaire was right when he wrote that “the purpose of medicine is to amuse while nature takes its course”!
For further information or to book Peter McDonald, call us on +44 (0)20 7607 7070 or email email@example.com
What people said about Peter McDonald
- "It was the most amusing address we have had to the Society since I joined more than 10 years ago. All agreed it was an exceptional evening."
- - West Kent Medico-Chirurgical Society
- "Peter seemed to go down well with our clients. He was very engaging and entertaining."
- - St. James's Place Wealth Management
- "Peter was excellent, he got the attention of the audience immediately and we have received nothing but compliments from the attendees."
- - Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust